Monday, July 2, 2012

Keto Waffles

Here's another selfish post.  I really want to make these, so if I post the recipe here I can find it easily.  This is borrowed from another blog which has many other tasty, low-carb recipes: check it out, when you have time!  We're still having power problems due to the super derecho that blew through our area this past weekend, so I'm not posting as often as I would like.  Hopefully everything will be back to normal by the end of the week.

http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-protein-waffle.html


"HEALTHIFIED" PROTEIN WAFFLES
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 cup JAY ROBB vanilla egg white or whey protein
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 TBS aluminum free baking powder
1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 eggs
4 TBS butter or coconut oil, melted

Preheat waffle iorn to high. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry. Let sit for 5 minutes. Bake according to your waffle iron directions (I spray my waffle iron with THIS Coconut oil spray). Enjoy! Serve with Nature's Hollow Xylitol syrup. Makes 10 waffles.

NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per waffle)
Traditional Waffle = 223 calories, 8.5g fat, 5g protein, 27 carbs, 0.7g fiber (26.3 effective
"Healthified" Waffle = 144 calories, 8g fat, 12.2g protein, 4g carbs, 2.1g fiber (1.9 effective)

No comments:

Post a Comment