Friday, June 15, 2012

Sweets for the Sweet: Low Carb Cheesecake Cupcakes

Low carb lifestyles are terrific, but some days you just gotta have something to tickle your sweet tooth.  These are absurdly tasty, filling, and only 1 gram of carbs per cupcake.  And yes, that means I've eaten 2 or 3 at a time.  Why not - they're guilt free!

I need to put a quick caveat in here: I am NOT a big fan of artificial sweeteners.  Sucralose (Splenda) in particular makes me leery; when a bit of sweetness is needed I will usually reach for stevia.  However, sucralose manages to retain a lot of the cooking properties of table sugar while losing the carbs, so for some recipes I cannot yet see away around it.  If I get this recipe tweaked away from using sucralose, I will post an update.

Also, pictures.  I really need to start posting pictures.


CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup almond meal
2 - 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup splenda
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350.  Prepare a standard muffin pan with paper liners.

Melt butter.  Stir in almond meal.  Place small amount in each cupcake liner, pat to form crusts.  Set aside.

Combine cream cheese, eggs, splenda and vanilla in a stand mixer or in a bowl with a hand mixer on med speed till smooth. 

Fill cupcake liners almost to the top.

Bake in oven 15-17 minutes.  Cool on counter, then chill in fridge overnight. 
1 gram carbs per cupcake.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering how many cupcakes this recipe makes? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to know how many cupcakes does this make? I'm assuming 12?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Low carb ways of life are marvelous, however occasionally you just need to have something to stimulate your sweet tooth. These are ludicrously delectable, filling, and just 1 gram of carbs per cupcake. Furthermore, indeed, that implies I've eaten 2 or 3 all at once. Why not - they're righteous!
    dui lawyer mecklenburg va

    ReplyDelete